The world of conservation and agriculture is filled with acronyms. Though many agencies are making a push to use them less in everyday conversation and publications, it can still be confusing. The Conservation Districts have developed an acronym list to help with this!


CRWFA’s many partners have their own useful resources on their websites. Please see below for links to other organizations.

Vermont Agency of Agriculture Food and Markets

White River Natural Resources Conservation District

University of Vermont Extension and Center for Sustainable Agriculture

University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension


Information on the Required Agricultural Practices

The Required Agricultural Practices (RAP) are a set of laws that require farmers to adopt certain conservation practices on their farms. For a complete list of RAP’s Click Here.

If you need assistance filling out the variance request forms or understanding the new RAPs, please contact us.

You can earn Water Quality Education Credits by taking this helpful RAP quiz! It will help you figure out what size operation you are and tailor the questions to the RAP rules that apply to you. If you are a certified small farm, this will satisfy 2 out of the 4 hours of education credits you need to receive every 5 years.

If you want more information as to why certain rules exist, read the RAP Response to Comments document released by the Agency of Agriculture.

Watch the short video below to see what a small farm inspection looks like.